Water Forum 2011: Healthy Water, Healthy Cities
Date: Sunday, March 20
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Location: Metro Hall, 55 John Street (2 blocks east of Spadina Avenue on King Street)
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org with Water Forum in the subject line!
Join the Council of Canadians Toronto Chapter in celebrating World Water Day at our 2nd annual Water Forum!
We have an exciting day planned,
· U.N. Right to Water and Sanitation: a recent historic “win”
· Toronto's Drinking Water Quality: ensuring that our tap water is as healthy as possible
· Lake Ontario: When will we stop putting sewage in it?
· CETA: the threat to water and Toronto
· Reclaiming the Great Lakes as a Commons
“Healthy Water, Healthy Cities” reminds us that clean water is essential to us all and there's a growing challenge to provide clean water to urban areas, which contain more than half of the world's population. Come hear about the recently passed U.N. Right to Water and Sanitation, a historic win for water justice activisits worldwide. We'll explore water challenges in
Toronto and hear how our chapter's water campaigns are oriented towards making changes to the way treats it's drinking water, its wastewater and the wellbeing of the watersheds and lake waters in our region. The threat CETA (the Canadian-E.U. Trade agreement) poses to water and Toronto in particular, will also be discussed. Toronto
Post a Comment